Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fall Fishing by Early Light


Title: Fall Fishing by Early Light
Size: 24 x 30
Medium: oil on stretched canvas
Going on eBay auction tonight at an incredibly low price!
ABOUT THIS PAINTING:
Many layers of Winsor Newton Artist oils with both brush and knife in this gallery quality painting. I finished it over time and it has many layers of glazed color and is rich and deep with contrasting cool blues and warm reds, which I love. This painting was inspired in part by my uncle, who used to take me fishing when I was a child, and in part by my stay in Montgomery Alabama, where I painted the Alabama river quite often and frequently saw fisherman and photographed them.
ART TIP:
I am a big believer in color makes the painting. Vivid reds, oranges, yellows and deep greens automatically add warmth to any room and even just a splash of color here and there in a painting can dramatically add impact to an otherwise blah painting. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...