Saturday, August 1, 2009

Romance of Roses
Size: 24 x 36
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

PAINTING:

This is one of my favorite still lifes to date. It has many layers of paint and took much time to paint, partly because each layer of oil has to dry which takes at least a week. I used a palette knife for the initial underpainting to create great texture and base colors. When dry I came back with a brush and a medium and glazed multiple layers of oils for a luminous effect.

INSPIRATION:

When not at my eisle painting, I can be found out in my garden. I love planting and pruning flowers, especially ones that can be cut for a vase. My flowers are famous in the neighborhood and I love to paint them.

Contact me for a comission...this painting quickly sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...