Monday, August 17, 2009

Corey's Cornfield

Sold on Commission
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: Oil on canvas

contact me for a similiar commission

PAINTING:

This painting was commissioned by a client in Indiana and while painting it I found a new appreciation for the beauty of a cornfield. I used several photographs for this piece and many layers of paint, lean to fat, ending with a bit of palette knife. It has a lot of expressive brushwork, especially in the sky and I love painting this type of serene landscape.

INSPIRATION:

I think it helps that everytime we have another military move across the country, which is about every year or two, we seem to drive through endless corn. Parts of our country have lots of agriculture and in the right light...it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...