Monday, August 3, 2009

A Rainy Stroll

Title: A Rainy Stroll
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

contact me to purchase or check out my eBay auction
Will post tonight

PAINTING:

This original oil captures a couple on an evening walk with the dog at the end of a rainy day. I used some new white on this one and painted it extra thick so I hope that it is dry by auctions end....if not you'll have to be patient for this one! Sometimes the white takes longer to dry especially when we have rainy humid weather, which we have had lately. This is one of my pure palette knife paintings and it was a joy to paint. I drag the colors horizonally after each is laid down, wiping the knife clean between each color.

INSPIRATION:

We have had some serious thunderstorms here lately, but they are short lived and usually at night. Yesterday we had a lot of light rains that were actually a lot of fun to walk in. My funny dog hides under the bed when there is thunder, but otherwise loves a walk in any weather, and so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...