Thursday, August 6, 2009

Red Rooster

Title: Red Rooster
Size: 12 x 16
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

Contact me for purchase information or follow on eBay auction

PAINTING: This rooster emerged from an abstract underpainting of umbers and reds. As I painted with the knife his shape formed with bits of cadmium red and deep cad yellow highlights. I used only a knife on this one, shaping and dragging cobalt blues and ultra marine colors throught his striking tail feathers.

INSPIRATION: Capturing this bird's "cocky" attitude is always a lot of fun and I feel free to use bold colors to exaggerate his strong personality. I would hang him in a wide black frame but sides are painted and he can hang without a frame as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...