Saturday, August 22, 2009

Red Roses in the Light

Title: Red Roses in the Light
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

Contact me to purchase or check eBay auction

PAINTING:

This painting has brilliant colors and many layers of paint. I began with a textured abstract acrylic painting and when the bright colors were dry came back with layers of oil with palette knife and brush. I use thick drags of varied oil color on each rose, layering colors on the knife and canvas. I love to put golds and reds together in a still life.

INSPIRATION:

Roses are on my mind right now and flowers are everywhere here in Bellagio. I am going in a few minutes to tour the Villa Serbelloni gardens and I will take hundreds of photos to paint! The lake Como towns are all filled with flowers everywhere and the roses always stand out.
Ciao, bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...