Friday, August 7, 2009

Amazing Blues

Title: Amazing Blue Hydrangeas
Size: 12" x 16"
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
Contact me for purchase information or see on auction
PAINTING:
I did another abstract acrylic underpainting which dries in about 20 minutes then put downoil paint with streaks of prussian blue and crimson for my darks, painted thinly with oils. I then had fun with backround oranges and cad reds and yellows. I painted the fluffy petals with cobalt blues and whites and bits of other blues, using a palette knife and a brush. Finally I painted the leaves using various greens and voila...this little gem is done. It will look great in either a gold or a black plein air frame or even the dark gold ornate. Of couse it can hang without but I would frame it.
INSPIRATION:
I have some old, large and amazing blue Hydrangeas growing in my garden this year so I cut them and place them in vases every few days to paint and look at. I put these in a burnt orange glass vase by the window and the morning light was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...