Sunday, August 16, 2009

Violinist in Red


Title: Violinist in Red
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
Available for purchase in my eBay store
PAINTING:
Melodies of the Violin helped me create this painting while I listened to my daughter practice. I applied many layers of paint and actually used more than just a brush and palette knife on this piece. I drew the composition in oils and brush, adding many layers slowly and finishing with heavier knife work. When it was completed, maybe it was the violin music I don't know, I decided to remove some of the paint with crumpled cellophane and "voila!"....the violinist has an distinct and uniquely textured background that makes it magically sparkle.
INSPIRATION:
The music itself possesses me while I paint. Sometimes I plan on painting one thing but by the time it's finished, the painting morphs almost on its own into something else! I honestly think the classical music I paint to everyday seeps into my brain and takes over sometimes...but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...