Sunday, November 8, 2009

French Quarter Jazz Morning

Title: New Orleans Jazz Morning
Size: 24 x 30
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

SOLD

PAINTING: I used lots of cheerful sunny colors in this one, and many layers of paint with a palette knife and a bit of brush. Whites and yellow, golds are dragged last for lots of reflective color.
INSPIRATION:
I just love painting these New Orleans street scenes; they make me smile!
I listed to some Jazz and look at some old photos and the knife takes on a will of its own. I don't think I will list anymore paintings this large for awhile though, it's just too costly and it takes too much time to paint. So I had to put a small reserve on this whimsical piece. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...