Sunday, November 15, 2009

Impressionist Garden

Oh....how I love Italy......and Italian wine! I didn't have too much, really.



Title: Impressionist Garden
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
Check out my eBay auction for first purchase. I can also be found on Discovered artist, Artspan, and soon Etsy.

PAINTING:

This painting took a long time to finally complete, but I can say that I am now finished. I ended up adding more glazes of color, which only makes the painting richer and deeper. It has much broken color, which is indicitive of impressionism, and expressive brush and palette knife work. And lots of texture!

INSPIRATION:

I took hundreds of photos on my last trip to Italy a few months ago, and I think I could paint only Italy paintings forever, it was so beautiful. This painting was inspired by the Villa Carlotta gardens, on Lake Como, in northern Italy. I hope to go back there one day and stay longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...