Sunday, November 1, 2009

Times Square Cabs at Night

Title: Times Square Cabs at Night
Size: 24 x 30
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

See eBay auction tonight for purchase. Because of the time a large cityscape takes, I don't paint a scene like this for eBay very often. I don't expect this one to last long!
SOLD!!!

PAINTING:
This painting is touchably textured and layered with deep oil color. I applied an abstract underpainting and the city began to emerge. I began sculpting with extreme color and texture, brighter than reality, to capture the intense energy of Times Square and create this distinct 3-dimensional effect.
INSPIRATION:
My inspiration often comes from my favorite places I travel to and NY is one of the most inspirational. I hope to offer you an escape from reality and make you smile with this painting. It was a blast to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...