Tuesday, November 17, 2009

California Vineyard


Title: California Vineyard
Size: 16 x 20
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
See eBay auction for purchase tonight.
PAINTING:
I usually put down a brushwork underpainting, after the canvas is toned, and then multiple layers with a knife. Sometimes I go back and do some more brush work as well, so most of my paintings have at least 5 layers of paint, sometimes more. Because it's built up in layers from lean to fat, it has depth and a the transparent colors just glow. This is why I love oil.
INSPIRATION:
I am a Californian, and I guess I sometimes miss it, although we've had California weather the last few days here in Virginia. Because it's so nice and sunny here, I just felt like painting a sunny, cheerful landscape and Napa and the Sonoma area is one of my favorite places. I also love vines and fine wines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...