Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lake Tahoe Sailing

Title: Lake Tahoe Sailing
Size: 11 x 14
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

SOLD

PAINTING:
I used many layers of artist top grade quality oil on this sweet little painting. It is painted in my plein air style with expressive brush and a bit of knife work, and as typical of me, I like to push the color!
INSPIRATION:
I am painting many smaller paintings now because I am moving many works into a local gallery next month and need many different sized paintings to show. I also need more Tahoe and California paintings for the gallery opening show, so I will keep doing a few more of these, my favorites, partly because they are scenes from where I grew up, but also because I just love landscapes with water and especially a sailboat sailing through the trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...