Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Red Dress in the Rain

Title: Red Dress in the Rain
Size: 16 x 20
Medium: oil on stretched canvas

Sold
THE PAINTING:
I am so glad it stopped snowing but I still am very cold and so I paint another blustery, drizzly day. There is tremendous texture in this one and you can feel the rain in the night here. I used lots of play of color, cool blues against warm reds to really make the colors stand out and I like this one. I would love it in a wide black frame.
ART TIPS: I have noticed, when I visit other homes, that some folks don't really know how to hang art. It's best to use a picture hanging nail and hook, if you are hanging a framed work on a wire. Paintings need to be hung at eye level. You shouldn't have to tilt your head way up to look at the art. Hope this helps your decorating! Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...