Friday, October 2, 2009

Lake Como Hidden Cove

Title: Lake Como Hidden Cove
Size: 16 x 20
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

See eBay auction tonight for purchase

PAINTING:
Painted from one of my small travel sketches...this original oil combines palette knife and brush and golden colors to create a colorful and serene setting. Many layers of luminous blues and greens are glazed onto the canvas from lean to heavy so the texture helps add emotion to the piece.


INSPIRATION:
My family and I recently returned from Lake Como (here they are) and we walked all around the town. I found a little alley, so narrow my hands could touch both walls and convinced them to follow me down. It must have gone down for miles, but we trecked on, out of curiousity to where it would lead. And this is where we ended up! This beautiful private beach. Isn't it a lovely spot? So I had to paint it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...