Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall Park Walk with the Dog


Title: Fall Park Walk with the Dog
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
See my auction ...opening bid is $138
PAINTING:
This painting is very fitting for the season. It's suddenly very chilly and rainy here in Arlington, VA and the trees are beautiful and full of Fall colors. I have many layers of paint, delicately swiped with palette knife and I love to paint trees this way. The colors are layered dark to light and I go heavier as I paint so that the highlighted colors are the thickest.
INSPIRATION:
The season and the trees all around me here in this city. I walk my dog 3 times a day, even in the rain and love the colors here now. Walking is mentally stimulating and exhiliarating and my little Maggie loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...