Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Central Park Flowers

Title: Central Park Flowers
Size: 16 x 20
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

See eBay auction for purchase tonight. Auction starts at $118

PAINTING:
This painting is rich with brilliant blue-greens and vivid yellows, characteristic of the French Impressionist era. Every once in a while I like to put pastel colors into my paintings and make a sunshine painting!
INSPIRATION:
My last trip to the city and of course the Monet paintings that I go stare at about once a month since the National Gallery of Art is just 10 minutes from my house. I drag the kids, who are now starting to appreciate the works. I'm always in the mood to paint when I come back from the gallery. Hope it inspires you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...