Friday, October 23, 2009

Autumn Gold


Title: Autumn Gold
Size: 24 x 30
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
See eBay auction tonight for purchase
PAINTING:
Todays painting is an original oil on gallery wrap with sides painted so no frame is needed. I titled it "Autumn Gold"partly because of the glow of Fall leaves but also because, if you look closely, you will see I varnished in bits of real gold leaf. I got carried away with lots of beautiful reds and golden hues and this painting has lots of texture and layers of contrasting color dragged with a palette knife.
INSPIRATION:
In the past I used gold leaf in some of my acrylic paintings and other mixed media and really like the results, so I am going to try a few on eBay for you. Virginia is absolutely georgeous right now with the leaves almost all turned and I am in love with these trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...