Saturday, September 12, 2009

Venice Reflection

Here I am on a great day from our recent trip to Italy. This is one of the hundreds of snapshopts I took here. The small canals are beautiful and in afternoon light the reflections from the old buildings and gondolas are amazing. I drove my daughters crazy contantly saying, "Look at the colors in the water...there and there!"
Title: Venice Reflection
Size: 12" x 16"
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
PAINTING:
I have many layers of paint on this sweet little painting. I focused on the water and the texture of the buildings, using some foundation white and some gold. I used some brush but mostly knife dragged horizontally in water and used like a mason on the buildings!
INSPIRATION:
Venice just seems to glow and glitter all the time but especially in afternoon and early evening. It is a most unusual and beautiful city. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...