Monday, September 7, 2009

Sea of Lavender

Title: Sea of Lavender
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

Check out my eBay auction tonight for purchase

PAINTING:
I layed on a dark acrylic underpainting in palette knife as I usually do. Then with knife applied various shades of lavender with gold rows imbetween. Many shades of greens were added to the mountains and details on the little houses on the hillside. I used a bit of brush on these clouds to make them light and fluffy.

INSPIRATION:
I recently returned from Italy and the vineyard I stayed at for some of the time had olive groves, vineyards, sunflowers and lavender everywhere! It was so inspiring and beautiful. I love the scent of lavender so much I had to plant some in my yard as soon as I got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...