Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blue Hydrangeas


Title: Blue Hydrangeas
Size: 12 x16"
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
See eBay auction tonight for purchase.
PAINTING:
A brightly colored abstract acrylic underpainting was applied and when dry I began many layers of oils with palette knife. Going dark to light and lean to fat, the images begin to come to life. Pops of bright yellow and complementary blues make this painting sing.
INSPIRATION:
This morning I cut big fluffy hydrangeas from my old bush on the side of the house. It is always amazing to me how these flowers change color and can vary so greatly in hue. They are starting to turn a bit silvery blue because Fall's chillier air is on its way, so this might be one of my last arrangements of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...