Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Scarlet Red Roses

Title: Scarlet Red Roses
Size: 16 x 20
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

Check out eBay auction for purchase tonight.

PAINTING:
This original oil has a subtle dark underpainting and then rich, buttery oils are dragged swirled and scraped across the canvas to create this illuminating still life. I used mixtures of cobalt and manganese blues on the vase and cadmium and rose reds on the roses.
INSPIRATION:
My husband has a wonderful airforce career. I love him and am so proud of him. Before his last deployment to Afghanistan he gave me a bunch of red roses. He knows I love to arrange and paint them, and while I do, they are close to me and I get to smell them the whole time I paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...