Thursday, September 24, 2009

Italy Villa

Here I am with Mike resting from walking for miles in the beautiful gardens of Villa Carlotta on Lake Como, Italy.

Title: Italy Villa
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
See eBay auction tonight for purchase
PAINTING:
I developed this composition slowly. I knew I wanted to put Carlotta in the forground and the Villa in the back. The paint is layed on with knife and it is rich and buttery and thick. I used a bit of gold paint in the forground for some added glimmer, and pushed my color with some winsor greens and purples in the background.
INSPIRATION:
This was one of my favorite Villas and we visited many. It has an impressive front yard with winding flowers and staircases and fountains. The acres of gardens are varied and have loads of mounding Azaleas, waterfalls and a Japanese garden. Just beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...