Monday, September 28, 2009

Late Night Rainy Date


Title: Late Night Rainy Date
Size: 16 x 20
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
See eBay auction tonight for purchase
PAINTING:
I have a black toned underpainting as a base and then pulled vibrant blues, red and yellows all around the canvas, creating the illusion of lights and the blur of rain at night. I add many layers in this manner, making sure the colors are placed just right. The couple are added in whites and golds and accents of black. No brush was used, just rich winsor artist oils and knife....thick and buttery.
INSPIRATION:
I had a group art show last weekend and it's always a fun social event. It's been raining a lot here lately. I love this kind of rain...not too much but enough to water the plants and clean everything off and make it smell new and fresh. I painted some rain paintings for the show but saved my favorite to list here for you all. I really like how this one turned out....hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...