Thursday, June 10, 2010

Venice by Moonlight

Here is my adorable husband and eldest daughter in front of our rental house in Venice. What a view! I love Venice!


Title: Venice by Moonlight

Size: 16 x 20

Medium: oil on stretched canvas

PAINTING: This painting has many many layers of thick paint for an extra impressionistic and loose look. I pushed my color and texture as far as I could on this one and it was a blast to paint!

I think Italy is one of the most beautiful places in the the world and Venice the most inspiring. I took hundreds of photos on our last trip to paint from, but mostly I rely on my memory for detail and color, my photos are just dull compared to my memory of the place. I loved the ancient stucco and brick building and amazing canals. Not a single car in Venice. Too bad there aren't more places like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...