Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dancing Red Poppies


Title: Dancing Red Poppies
Size: 18 x 24
Medium: oil on stretched canvas
THE PAINTING:
This lovely painting is a classic. Painted super textural and with lots of expressive movement, the poppies seem to dance and sway in the wind. I applied several layers of paint for layers of broken color which you will see if you click to enlarge or check out my eBay auction for more close up zooms!
It's hot and humid today and I've been trying to run a bit the past few weeks, but I feel like I'm under water with all this summer humidity. The flowers love it though....everything is so green and all the flowers in my yard are blooming...lavender, daylillies. hostas and hydrangeas, rose and butterfly bushes. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...