Monday, June 14, 2010

Two Colorful Macaws


Title: Two Colorful Macaws ................... THIS PAINTING IS SOLD
Size: 12 x 24
Medium: Oil on stretched canvas
PAINTING and Inspiration:
This has great contrast of color and as I added one more layer to it, I fell in love with these pretty boys. Interesting palette knife texture and painterly brushwork make them sing. I traveled to Honduras several times in the last 8 years and there was a fantastic Macaw on the Island of Roatan named Paco. We loved seeing him, and speaking with him everyday. He was quite a character. It's amazing how much animals inspire and stay with us in memory for years and years. Paco is still an inspiration to this day.
COUNTDOWN continues:
We pack up and move in just 2 weeks! I'm making lists about the lists of things I need to do at this point! Organizing my studio for the move will be a huge challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...