Friday, April 30, 2010

Dream Stallion

Look at this funny photo. We were in London....the girls decided to get a photo next to this guard who's expression never changed. Notice the sign.



Title: Dream Stallion


Size: 30 x 24


Medium: oil on stretched canvas

Going on auction tonight!


ABOUT THIS PAINTING:


I had a blast painting this sculptural creature. I used mostly knife for extreme texture and many highlights of color on a golden textured background so he appears to be sculpted onto the canvas and I suppose I do sculpt with the oils. I saw many horse monuments and sculptures when we were in Paris and in London and horses always inspire me.


My oils are drying faster now that it is warmer weather and I'm so relieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...