Saturday, April 10, 2010

Paris

Title: Montmartre Paris Memories
Size: 20 x24
Medium: oil on stretched canvas
About this painting: THIS PAINTING IS SOLD
I love Paris but especially Montmartre. We got lucky and the weather was just as I expected....RAIN....of course and not too terribly crowed. I painted this painting as if it were the end of the day and much more private! I used many many layers of paint and if you click in you will get a larger version of the piece.


Here are a few snapshots I took of Montmartre. I loved all the umbrellas. I also enjoyed looking at all the artists on the square in the middle. There were one or two artists I really enjoyed talking to!



We also ate at the fantastic restaurant...Chez Eugene....in the center square under the big red canopy. Great food, but I love French food. I didn't loose any weight on this trip to Europe! The Sacre Ceur was also beautiful and it was full of crowds. The were getting ready for Easter and having a large service....amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...