Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sunny Sunflowers

Title: Sunny Sunflowers
Size: 12 x 16
Medium: oil on stretched canvas
ABOUT THIS PAINTING:
This has extremely thick paint layed with so many layers that I lost count. I love the way one can sculpt the oils with a knife and glaze with a brush. It is so much fun to turn a white canvas into a luminous sculpture and I am so blessed to be able to paint for you all everyday.
I used my favorite combination for Sunflowers and of course the most expensive: Cadmium red and cadmium yellow light and deep.
This piece goes on eBay for auction tonight!
I have two shows coming up this month, actually three, so I'm very busy painting! A juried show at Cassatt's where I won third place on the 25th, Our group show at the Arlington Art Gallery on the 17th where I have a space with six paintings, and a live auction for a charity called Pawcasso in DC on the 24th, where I will have 2 paintings! Spring is always so busy and so much fun! My birthday is also on Earthday (22nd) and I will be a wopping 45! That's almost 1/2 a century isn't it? Unbelievable but glad to still be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...