Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Violin Inspiration

Title: Violin Inspiration
Size: 12 x 24
Medium: mixed media and oil

THIS PAINTING IS SOLD

THE PAINTING:
This is part of my "Women in the Arts series". I varnish coffee stained violin sheet music on a primed canvas and then add layer upon layer of first acrylic and then oils. I allow some of the sheet music to show through, where the paint is just thinnly glazed with oil, so that you see some of what it is she and I are so inspired by....the music! It takes a lot of time to paint these figurative paintings but I enjoy every second of it and love the results! I hope you do too.


Here are a few snapshots from our daughter's recent recital. She is so inspiring to listen to and to watch play. The violin is a beautiful instrument.


Beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Karen, I came across your blog while searching for a violin picture which goes with my poetry i publish in my blog. I absolutely LOVED your work! I even put your image in my blog :)
    Here is my post: http://iffatspace.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/unplugged/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...