Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Red Umbrella


Title: Red Umbrella
Size: 9" x 12"
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
See eBay auction tonight for purchase.
PAINTING:
This painting has lots of paint in many layers. I have an abstract underpainting and then moving horizontally, layed the rich oils down in golds, pinks and blues to lend a watery rain effect, dragging my knife every once and awhile. I then highlight with bits of white. Finally, I paint the woman with the red umbrella....the umbrella being the focal point.
INSPIRATION:
We had a big downpour today for a short time and nice drizzly rain for a few hours after that. I love the sound of rain on the roof. From my window I can see the people walking around with their umbrellas, busy going to work, but this woman's red umbrella caught my eye and made me smile. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...