Friday, October 22, 2010

Sunset in Paradise


Title: Sunset in Paradise
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: oil on stretched canvas
SOLD
Here's another brand new painting that's still wet! One of my favorite tropical inspired paintings from memories of my childhood and youth. I actually lived in American Samoa for a couple years when I was a teenager, where I learned to scuba dive.
I dove at least 3 days a week while living there. I've been diving all over the world since...Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, Honduras and the Caribean, to name a few, and all of those places sort of merge in my mind.
So many beautiful beaches and spectacular oceans. Now, when I want to travel back to a beach, I just paint it and in doing so revisit for the time it takes to complete. This painting took awhile, and has several layers of paint, which I let dry imbetween so it glows with luminous glazes of color. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...