Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Orleans French Quarter Jazz


Title: New Orleans French Quarter Jazz
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: oil on stretched canvas
SOLD
I was in a New Orleans mood for sure when I painted this one. It glows with cadmium reds and yellows and I was heavy handed with the oils. I mix my own black with combinations of Alizarin Crimson, winsor green and pthalo blue. Transparent colors are great to work with. It's one of my favorite New Orleans paintings to date! It's my intention that the viewer interpret the scene, fill in the blanks and invent an imaginary story line for this scene.....I hope it speaks to you.
"Art is the stored honey of the human soul, gathered on wings of misery and trevail." --Theodore Drieser

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...