Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Orleans Night


Title: New Orleans Night
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: Oil on stretched canvas
ABOUT THIS PAINTING:
Going on auction tonight!
I love New Orleans and love to paint it. I've had a few requests from some of my collectors in Louisiana for more street scenes with people and musicians so here you go! This one has loads of thick paint, broken color, and interesting textures and details. I like it and hope it moves you. Please contact me if there is something you request me to paint!
I'm working with a few other artists right now, trying to teach them my technique and painting style, but it is very difficult to teach. I think every artist really needs to develope their very own unique style and the only way to do that is to paint....a lot! I have been working with my daughters all their lives, but they don't like too much help. My oldest just won second place in an art show and I go to the reception tonight so I'm blogging early. I don't think they will want to have a career in art but you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...