Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lake Como Italy Reflections

Title: Lake Como Italy Reflections
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: oil on stretched canvas

THE PAINTING AND THE INSPIRATION:
We had so much snow today, I had to paint something warm and sunny. Vibrant hues, this new original oil is rich, thick and colorful. Painted with extremely thick Winsor Newton Artist oils and a knife. I can't explain how beautiful this place is and my trip there last summer inspires me still. Sometimes I sit and look at some of my photographs...below is one from the lake... and wonder how dull they are compared to the vivid, brilliant colors I remember. Photos never capture the true colors and always seem dark and grey, and this is one of the reasons I love to paint. It helps me relive the moment and hopefully brings beauty and joy to someone who experienced or wants to experience something similiar. I hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...