Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bountiful Roses

Title: Bountiful Roses
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: oil on stretched canvas
Going on auction tonight.
THE PAINTING:
This original oil is painted with many layers. First brush then knife, then when dry more brush and knife work until I reach a glowing and richly textured look. The layers are translucent and each plays into the next for beautiful depth.
INSPIRATION:
Our 21st wedding anniversary was July 8 and we were so busy unpacking from our big move across the country that I forgot. It wasn't until I saw a dozen orange/red roses and a bottle of wine on the table, with a tear jerking love letter from my husband, that I remembered the day. He never does forget. Roses are my favorite and he knows it. So here they are!
Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...