Monday, August 30, 2010

Story of a Poppy Field

SOLD
Title: Story of a Poppy Field
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: oil on stretched canvas
contact me for purchase!

PAINTING AND INSPIRATION:
There is something wonderful about creating a painting like this from memories of fields and pure imagination. I love layering thick paints and freely dragging and moving the paint around while it's still wet in this impasto approach. I painted plein air, outdoors, for many years and developed my own loose, painterly style using knife and brush. Plein air painters fight the elements and quickly loose light so you learn how to be expedient and work a lot from memory.
Here I try to make you feel part of the flower field and while my art is always decorative, I hope it evokes some great emotion as well.
Thanks for checking in and remember to check out more of my work at my new Etsy store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...