Monday, December 5, 2011

Original oil painting Mama Whale and her Calf

16x20
Humpback Whales
Oil
A special painting with a story!
My husband and I used to scuba dive a lot when we were younger.  I actually started diving when I lived in American Samoa when I was 12.  We dove everywhere: Tahiti,Samoa,Hawaii,Mexico,Fiji, just to name a few.  My most memorable was this one.  I was the first one off the boat and as I swam down there they were, silent, still and amazing.  The power and beauty of these animals takes your breath away.  They looked right at me for the longest time, but probably just a minute.  As all the other divers started to approach I could hear underwater squeals of joy! The whales silently swam away and I really wanted to go with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...