Monday, December 12, 2011

Original oil painting Eucalyptus Trees Landscape by Karen Tarlton

12x16
Morning Light
Oil
Inspiration: Trip to Santa Barbara

There are as many ways to paint as there are artists. I love palette knife painting, and each day when I paint, it starts with an idea - or an image in my mind, usually from memory.
I build a solid composition in thin paints and darker colors and then the fun begins!
Loading my palette thickly, I add brighter colors all about the canvas, and it begins to come to life!
With all creative work there are no hard and fast rules, and I believe that if an artist keeps that in mind and works from the heart, an enjoyable painting will appear. It may take many hundreds of paintings of practice of course, but all need to find their comfort zone and individual style. What if fun is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...