Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Abstract Nude original oil painting by Karen Tarlton

Karen’s Fine Art – Gallery Represented Modern Impressionism in oils
SOLD
Title: Abstract Nude
Original oil painting by Karen Tarlton
Size: 11”x 14”

"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."
Edgar Degas
"It is all very well to copy what one sees, but it is far better to draw what one now only sees in one's memory. That is a transformation in which imagination collaborates with memory."
Edgar Degas

I love the paintings of the French impressionist Degas and this one was a bit inspired by him. I often live by this last quote when I paint. I rarely look at images anymore because I see things so clearly in my mind and it is so much more exciting to paint from my imagination!
I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...