Saturday, May 7, 2011

Karen Tarlton Original oil painting - Beach Baby - impasto palette knife oil

11x14
Oil
SOLD

I'm feeling nostalgic this Mother's Day eve.   My girls are all grown up....18 and 16  and I don't know whether to cry for joy for what wonderful young women they have become, or sob in sadness for the fact that they are young women and not my little babies anymore.

I'm sure I'm not the only mother with this story and these empty nest feelings.  Our oldest is off to college in a few months.  So this is the long winded inspiration for my new series of Summer beach baby paintings!  Makes me happy to paint these and I'm hoping they make someone else smile too.  Many more in the works, but this is one of my favorites!!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...