Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Birch Trees and Sky


Here's another commission that is just about dry and ready to ship! Images of Scotland!



Title: Fall Birch Trees and Sky
Medium: oil
Size: 24 x 30




"No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist."--Oscar Wild




Ever lie down on the grass and look up at the trees? This is what I see. For years, I used to take my glasses off when I painted outside plein air. It would help me paint more of an impression of the scene. Capturing color and energy rather than too much detail. Palette knife lends itself to a looser look and much thicker paint! This one will take at least another week to dry and then will be available to purchase. Cadmium reds and yellows take the longest to oxidize.


Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...