Monday, July 27, 2009

New Orleans Sound


Title: New Orleans Sound
Size: 12 x 16
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
PAINTING:
This original oil is painted in vibrant colors of reds and cadmium yellows to exaggerate the evening glow and bold personality of New Orleans and it's Jazz music. I use thick palette knife textures, applying dark paint colors first and white and yellow highlights last. Palette knife musicians are added and highlighted in quick knife movements.
This painting is available on auction or contact me for purchase.
INSPIRATION:
We've visited New Orleans several times. Whenever we move, which is practically everyother year since my husband is military, and drive across the country to our new temporary home, we make sure New Orleans is one of our places to visit. I always take lots of pictures. It's a unique place with a unique history and charm and one of my favorite places in the South.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...