Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Birds and the Bees Original oil paintings by Karen Tarlton

 Bees and Blooms
12x12
Oil

Spring Birds and Blooms
12x24
Oil

I have a passion for flowers and when I lived in Virginia, California, Alabama and Florida, I had amazing, beautiful gardens full of local varieties of plants and flowers. I have to say I miss that living here in the desert, where water is rationed and the soil like concrete. In Vegas people grow very little or have rock and cactus gardens. I miss my flowers.....so I paint them!
I have to say, I still miss the scent of my lavender plants, the buzz of the bees and cutting my lovely roses and peonies fresh for a vase.  ;)
I'm in the mood to paint some sunflowers next and maybe my favorite Hydrangea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...