Saturday, October 13, 2012

Large Original oil painting Red Poppies by Karen


20x24
Red Poppies
Oil

Almost dry and ready to list.
I actually wouldn't mind holding on to this one for awhile!
I'm in love with all these thick shades of red on each bloom.


Let's talk frames!

I don't believe in matchy matchy anything
but escpecially not frames.
Don't be afraid to hang painting unframed too,
but if you love frames, keep these thoughts in mind:
 
The frame needs to:
1. compliment the art
2. Be your style (if you're not a gold person, don't get gold. There are always options)
3. Be the right size  for the painting. (Wider if a large piece and smaller for smaller works)
4. Be hung at eye level. Never hang art so that you have to look up too much. Eye level is perfect.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Frames as well as art are so much fun and can enrich your decor
and bring a smile, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...