Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Senanque Abbey Lavender Field, Provence France by Karen Tarlton

Title: Senanque Abbey Lavender Field, Provence France
Size: 20x24
Oil
Click on image for price and purchase information

France! Beauty everywhere....... and this place smells lovely too.

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."
~Rosalia de Castro

My heart is there.....France! Often times, journeys of the heart are some of the best trips we take: Painted from photos of past travels, this original oil depicts the most beautiful place to see Provence lavender - the Senanque Abbey, a Cistercian abbey near the village of Gordes.

Some people see something lovely and want to take a picture and just enjoy gazing at it.
When I see something beautiful, I say to myself, "I have to paint that"
 My instinct is to paint it immediately, right away and that is why I fell in love with plein air painting.

Not much time to paint when traveling, there's too much to see! I've learned to be patient and store the images in the back of my mind until I'm ready to load up my palette with large amounts of paint and dive into it with my trusty little knife.
This one was painted in the studio and is just dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...