Saturday, July 30, 2011

Colorful Bounty

20x24
Sold commission in Oil
Just finished this lovely commission for one of my favorite collectors back east. Painted it on linen for her and I just love linen. So lushious. The oil paint seems to paint itself on this beautiful fabric. I'm always happy to paint a painting just for you so please contact me if you have a special painting in mind.

Art makes the best gift and adds the perfect personal touch to a home!


11x14
Oil
Orange Cat in Morning Light

The story behind this painting is simply that I love animals.  For some reason cats seem to be attracted to me as well and I'm always taking in strays and finding them homes because I can't keep them....allergic.  This one belongs to my neighbor and I take care of him when my neighbor's on vacation.  He always drops by to visit....adorable.

"An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision."
James Whistler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...