Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wild and Free


Title: Wild and Free
23x36
Oil
SOLD
Still wet but available for purchase....see Etsy link to the right for more details.
Painted in honor of our daughter's 18th birthday today! This one reminds me of her and is symbolic on many levels. She is a beautiful young woman and has a soaring and colorful spirit. She just found out she got an academic scholorship to an excellent university in SD and we are so excited for her. Just as this wild horse seems to almost lift off in flight, she will soon be moving on to her new life and I can't even begin to say how proud I am of her and how heart wrenching it is at the same time to know the child stage of my parenting is successfully complete! She may be all grown up but she will always be my baby girl!
I love this painting's soul and youthful energy....I hope you enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...