Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sailing Through the Pines Tahoe Sunset


Title: Sailing Through the Pines at Sundown
Size: 20 x 24
Oil
Brrrr....baby it's cold outside! I'm thankful right now we are in warm Las Vegas, where it is plenty cold for me. My husband just returned from DC and said it was 10 below with windchill and I am happy not to be there this winter.
I get a nice warm cup of coffee in the morning and start painting to the morning light that streams in the windows of my studio. This one was painted from memory and my imagination. I grew up in a small town near tahoe so basically grew up on this lake and I think to this day it is one of the most beautiful places in the world. When I was a little girl we used to go out on the boat and the water was so pure and blue you could see down into the depths a long long way....so beautiful. This piece has lots of my signature palette knife texture and I hope it inspires you in some way.
Thanks for checking in....stay warm and give someone a hug today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...